UIT-Telecommunications is pleased to announce that at 6pm on May 2nd, 2019, we will be upgrading our current Callpilot voicemail system to a new unified messaging platform. This upgrade will elevate our IT infrastructure by adding enhanced security and features to our voicemail system.
The unified messaging service will:
- Maintain the Telephone User Interface (TUI) currently in place
- Notify users of new voicemails via email. This email will include a transcription of the message using new text-to-speech capabilities and an attached .wav file of the voice message
- Provide a web interface that allows users to view messages, modify mailbox settings, record greetings, and set notification settings
- Send notifications to an external phone number
- Include a mobile application for iOS and Android
- Your mailbox number will not change; however, it is a new system and your current settings will not be transferred over. You will have to set up your new mailbox. Follow these instructions to set up your new voicemail.
- Access numbers from your desk phone and from outside of the office will remain as 55111 and (416)736-5111
The implementation of the new unified messaging platform will begin at 6:00pm on Thursday, May 2, 2019, and should last about an hour. You will have access to the new system at the start of business on Friday, May 3, 2019.
You will be expected to set up your new voicemail service, prior to the installation of the new system on May 2nd. Follow these instructions to set up your new voicemail.
My message-waiting light is on; however, there are no new messages in my voicemail. What should I do?
This could indicate that there is an unread message in the CallPilot (old) voicemail system. To check them:
- Dial 55100
- Enter your extension and press #
- Enter your password and press #
You will be in your old mailbox.