UIT Initiative: To improve the email and calendar services provided to students, York University is replacing its current student email system with a Google web-based service. UIT consulted students and thoroughly evaluated a range of service providers. When they conducted a pilot project to gather student opinions, a clear preference for Google's email and collaboration tools emerged.
Re-Imagined & Redesigned New Student Email
To significantly improve York’s student email experience, York University is transitioning its student email service to Google. Doing so provides significant benefits for York students including:
- Improved and enhanced state-of-the art email service
- Increased email capacity: 25 GB storage and 5GB file storage
- Ability to access email addresses, including the York directory, from anywhere
- Integration with their calendars and easy access from anywhere
- View, share and edit calendars and set up meetings etc.
- Create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations and forms
- Promotes collaboration through instant messaging (IM) with individuals or with groups
- Access mail, calendar, docs and contacts, all from your mobile
- Access service from any mobile device using Google Token
Ready to Switch to Student Gmail?
Sign up for Gmail for Students......