University Information Technology (UIT) is well equipped to provide high-bandwidth connectivity for sharing large data files, performing high performance computing and operating, or monitoring, remote equipment using research networks such as ORION (Ontario) and CANARIE (Canada). Dedicated point-to-point networks (lightpaths) can be used in collaboration with ORION and CANARIE to meet your network bandwidth and connectivity needs.
How do I get it?
- York faculty members, graduate students. and academic researchers can request this service by emailing UIT Research Computing Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charges vary based on type and extent of fibre, installation and other services necessary to complete connectivity on campus. Quotes can be obtained by contacting UIT Research Computing at email@example.com.
How do I get help?
- Research Computing Services is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please contact UIT Research Computing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Complete the required application form
- Design the network architecture
- Provide "last mile" connectivity on campus using UIT cable infrastructure.
- Deploy the lightpath connection in conjunction with ORION and CANARIE