Central Web is a high performance, high availability web hosting service designed to deliver HTML and minor PHP scripting.
Central Web hosting is available to York faculty members, research projects, and administrative and academic units.
How do I get it?
- If you are a faculty member you can activate your Central Web account within Manage My Services. You will need your Passport York username and password.
- To request a departmental Central Web account submit a service request.
How do I get help?
- Once your account is activated, you can publish content using most FTP or web authoring software.
- Content uploaded to /home/USERNAME/MyWebSite will appear on the Internet as http://www.yorku.ca/USERNAME/ (Note: do not delete the MyWebSite directory!)
- Contact email@example.com.