University Information Technology (UIT) offers a virtual server management service. Virtual server management provides you with a server to host a UIT managed and maintained Operating System on a UIT Managed hardware. You are provided access to the Server to maintain and support your application. As these servers resided on shared hardware while still providing the same high performance capabilities of dedicated hardware, the cost savings are passed on to the user.
How do I get it?
The following can use this service but the request needs to be made through your respective IT Service unit:
- Academic staff
- Faculty researchers
- Administrative units
- This service includes the Server Hosting service
- Complete and submit the Server Request Form
How do I get help?
- Virtual server management services are only available to servers that are installed and operated within the UIT data centre environment.
- Standard support is provided between normal hours (8:30am - 4:30pm ET)
- This offering is for Virtual Servers only, any hardware specific Server Hosting must be designed and analyzed for costs and configured separately
- 24 x 7 support is available for an additional charge. Monthly storage and service charges are billed separately and based on actual storage allocation requirements.
- Charges vary based on type and extent of the Virtual Server requried. Prices are subject to change based on the complexity of the solution.
Virtual Server Self Managed
University Information Technology (UIT) offers a self managed virtual server offering. You are provided with access to a virtual server residing on shared physical hardware. The responsibility for maintaining both the Operating System and Application remains with the user. This serveice is designed for users that have a strong familiarity with Server based Operating Systems and want to manage their own environment.