- Right click on the wireless icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of your screen and select View Available Wireless Networks.
- From the Wireless Network Connections window, select Properties.
- From the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, select the Wireless Networks tab.
Click Add under the Preferred networks section.
- In the Association tab, specify the following:
- Network Name (SSID): eduroam
- Network Authentication: WPA2
- Data encryption: AES
- In the Authentication tab, select EAP type Protected EAP (PEAP).Uncheck the Authenticate as computer when computer information is available checkbox and click on Properties.
- Ensure Authentication Method is Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click Configure.
- From the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) checkbox.Click OK to save these settings and close all windows. After a few seconds, your machine will attempt to connect automatically. A Wireless Connection window will display on the taskbar; click on this window to connect.
- In the Enter Credentials window, specify the following:- User name: <Passport_York_account_user_name>@yorku.ca
- Password: your Passport York account password
Leave the Logon domain blank and click OK.The Wireless Connection window will pop up; click on this window once more.
- From the Validate Server Certificate window, ensure the Root Certificate Authority is GlobalSign Extended Validation CA; click OK.
You should now be connected to the eduroam wireless network.