- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Under Tasks in the sidebar, click Manage wireless networks.
- Select Add; Click on Manually create a network profile.
- In the Manually connect to a wireless network window, specify the following and click Next:
- When a notice confirms that you successfully added eduroam, click Change connection settings.
In the Security tab, specify the following:
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
- Under Choose a nework authentication method, specify Protected EAP (PEAP), uncheck Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network and click on Settings.
- Under Select Authentication Method, ensure Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected, and click Configure.
Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) check box:
Click OK to save these settings and close all windows.
- A pop-up window should come up asking for your login credentials; specify the following and click OK:
User name: @yorku.ca
Password: your Passport York account password
You may get a message asking to verify the credentials of the certificate assigned to eduroam.yorku.ca; ensure the Root CA is GlobalSign Extended Validation CA and click Connect.
You should now be connected to the eduroam wireless network.