Step 1 - Configure your device to obtain network settings automatically
- Go to the Start menu/button, and select Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel looks like the above diagram, click on Switch to Classic View rather than Category View so that it looks like the diagram below. In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Network Connections icon
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Local Area Connection icon and select Properties.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) have check marks. Click to highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select Properties.
- In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, make sure that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected.
- Click OK to close all open windows.
Step 2 - Log in using your Passport York account username and password
- Open up a browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. The browser should be redirected to the YorkNet login page as shown below, otherwise type in any URL such as www.yorku.ca.
- Enter your Passport York username and password and click Log In.
- Once authenticated, you should be connected to the Internet.