Step 1 - Configure your device to obtain network settings automatically
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel, Network and Internet and Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings from the left-hand sidebar.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Local Area Connection icon and select Properties.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) have check marks beside them. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In the General tab, ensure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click OK to close all open windows.
Step 2 - Log in using your Passport York account username and password
- Open up a browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. The browser should be redirected to the YorkNet login page as shown below, otherwise type in any URL such as www.yorku.ca.
- Enter your Passport York username and password and click Log in.
Once authenticated, you should be connected to the Internet.