- Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a more secure link between your device and the York network.
- Secure Remote Access is required for accessing many services from off campus.
- This service is strongly recommended when connecting through AirYork.
How do I get it?
NOTE: The Pulse download and setup steps are done only ONCE.
|Operating System||Where to Get the Pulse Client|
|Windows 8.x, 7, Vista, XP||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Windows 32 Bit / 64 Bit|
|Mac OS 10.7.4x
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on Mac|
|Mac 10.6 and below||No Support|
|Linux||There is no Pulse support for Linux operating systems. Installation instructions for Network Connect via a browser. See the support pages for Linux in this regard.|
(iPad / iPhone)
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on iOS|
|BlackBerry / PlayBook||Pulse Client available from the BlackBerry App World
The version of the Pulse client which is presently available for Blackberry (version 22.214.171.124071) does not support BB OS 10.
|Windows Phone / Tablet||Pulse Installer for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone/6.0 Standard
Pulse Installer Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC/6.0 Classic/6.0 Professional
|Android Phone / Tablet||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Android Devices|
Who Has Access to the Service
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork||Open to all Staff, Students or Guests with a Passport York Account.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnfw1||Access Restricted to authorized users who require access to resources behind the firewall.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/voicemail Launch in a browser.||Access Restricted to University Voicemail Service users.
Passport York and voicemail password required.
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/digitalsignage||Access Restricted to the Digital Signage Resources users.|
|http://www.yorku.ca/computing/insight||Access Restricted to Insight Resources users.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/epp||Access Restricted to Emergency Preparedness Program users.|
|Request Access to Restricted VPN Service - Have your manager or sponsor fill out the VPN Access Request Form|
How do I get help?
- Junos Pulse may conflict with wireless printing, Lotus Sametime and home networking since split tunneling is not allowed. In such cases clients should use these applications after logging off from Junos Pulse.
- Users of administrative firewall will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Junos Pulse.