- Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a more secure link between your device and the York network.
- Secure Remote Access is required for accessing many services from off campus.
- This service is strongly recommended when connecting through AirYork PLUS.
How do I get it?
NOTE: The Pulse Secure client download and setup steps are done only ONCE.
|Operating System||Where to Get the Pulse Client|
|Windows 7 and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Windows 32 Bit / 64 Bit|
|Mac OS 10.8x
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on Mac|
|Linux||We do not officially support Linux. However, you can download the appropriate Linux clients for CentOS/RHEL or Ubuntu/Debian platforms and use the following instructions.|
(iPad / iPhone) 8.1 and higher
|Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on iOS|
|Android Phone / Tablet 4.4.x and higher||Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on Android Devices|
How Do I get access on a specific VPN Profile?
All users have access to the VPNYork Profile. Access to any other specific VPN group requires further coordination with a York University Technical contact service owner.
- York University departmental or project technical contact must be involved in this request process.
- York University technical contact must put in service request on behalf of the client.
- If this person is outside of York then a Guest Account must be requested first via Cherwell and then following the creation of the Guest Account a separate VPN Profile request must be submitted on behalf of the guest.
- If the person is a York University Community member then the VPN Profile request form must be completed.
How do I get help?
- Pulse Secure may conflict with wireless printing, Lotus Sametime and home networking since split tunneling is not allowed. In such cases clients should use these applications after logging off from Pulse Secure.
- Users of the vpnfw1 profile will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Pulse Secure.