Step 1 - Configure your device to obtain network settings automatically
- Click the Start menu/button and type sharing into the search box; select Network and Sharing Center.
- Under Tasks, select Manage Network Connections.
- Right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties dialogue box, make sure that Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) is checked and QoS Packet Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) are not. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Ensure that the Obtain an IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically are selected.
- Click OK to close all open windows.