Step 1 - Configure your device to obtain network settings automatically
- Go to the Start menu/button, and select Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel looks like the above diagram, click on Switch to Classic View rather than Category View so that it looks like the diagram below. In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Network Connections icon/
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Local Area Connection icon and select Properties.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) have check marks. Click to highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select Properties.
- In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, make sure that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected.
- Click OK to close all open windows.