York University strives to maintain the highest level of academic integrity and the accompanying policy available below, states that plagiarism will not be tolerated. Turnitin has released a major product upgrade called Turnitin Feedback Studio, which is a more streamlined user interface of the product while maintaining all of the functionalities of Turnitin. Text-matching software, such as Turnitin, can be used to detect plagiarism by assisting instructors to determine the percentage of text from a student assignment that matches text from:
- Student papers previously submitted to Turnitin.
- Similar material submitted to public websites.
- Journal articles, periodicals and commercial databases.
How do I get it?
- Instructors must first obtain a valid Turnitin account ID and Turnitin join password from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turnitin Instructions for Instructors at York