The Order Questions feature allows you to change the order in which questions appear in your quiz, or within any section of your quiz.
By default, questions are displayed in the quiz in the order in which they were added to the quiz file. If you have multiple sections, YQuiz first arranges the sections in the order in which you created them, and then arranges the questions within each section. The simplest way to reorganize a quiz file with multiple sections is to first use Order Sections to place the sections into the order you want, and then use Order Questions to place the questions in each section into the order you want.
Note: If a section has been set up to assign questions to a student randomly, the order of the questions in the quiz file is irrelevant. Each student may see different questions in a different order.
Step One: View Questions
- Select a section name from the pop-up menu. If you haven't created more than one section in your quiz, choose DEFAULT.
- Click View Questions to display the questions.
Step Two: Order Questions
The questions are listed on the left side of the screen.
- Select a question by clicking on it. You can select multiple questions here (Ctrl+Click for Windows users, Command+Click for Mac users).
- Click the UP and DOWN buttons to re-arrange the questions within this section of the quiz.
Step Three: Save Changes
- Click the Save Changes button to record the new order in your quiz file.
Previewing Your Changes
To see what your changes look like, try the quiz yourself. Go to the Quiz Setup page and click the Quiz Location link.