All classroom computers will be upgraded to Windows 10
prior to the start of the Fall 2017 term.
Please log off and put away classroom equipment after use, as per the Senate Policy - Guidelines for Users of Computing and Information Technology Facilities
Over 500 classrooms, meeting rooms and labs have permanent built-in presentation technology that is supported by Classroom Operations. Unequipped classrooms and other facilities are supported with the delivery service.
How do I get it
It is recommended that faculty have a short training session before the term starts if they are unfamiliar with the operation of the classroom. Faculty or their Admin Staff should put in a request for demonstration (a 5 minute instruction) via http://ceo.yorku.ca.
For classrooms that are not equipped with built-in technology, York faculty and instructors, and Administrative staff can order equipment using their Passport York username and password. Choose the ordering system for the location at which the equipment will be used:
Keele Campus: CEO-Deux - Classroom Equipment Ordering System
Glendon Campus: GEO-Deux - Glendon Classroom Equipment Ordering System
- View a list of lecture halls and seminar rooms and available audio-visual equipment
- See Detailed Instructions and Videos for Classroom Equipment
- See List of applications available in classrooms
- View a list of personal devices and accessories you can obtain for teaching purposes
- See Classroom Maintenance
- To facilitate staffing, coordinate delivery and ensure your request can be accommodated, all CEO orders are required to be in the system FIVE BUSINESS DAYS before equipment is needed. Late orders may not be able to be accommodated, or may be subject to a late charge.
- For student presentations, students should request the equipment through their instructor FIVE BUSINESS DAYS before equipment is needed. Late orders may not be able to be accommodated, or may be subject to a late charge.
- If you are using a classroom for a non-course event (conference, symposium, meeting) you are expected to place a CEO order.
- Note to Academic Users: Requests in CEO for the upcoming academic year (September 1 to August 31) can be made after 2nd week of August.
How much does it cost?
York courses in equipped rooms have free use of the technology that is installed. Courses in un-equipped rooms are charged a small fee for PCs; most other equipment is free. Special requests, recordings or operators are also charged back to your department. View the price list.
How do I get help?
- Contact the helpdesk at email@example.com.
- For immediate assistance in a classroom, the Classroom Operations phone number is 416-736-5800 available from Monday - Friday 8:15 AM to 8:00 PM.