- I'm being asked for my Mailbox password, what password is this?
This is the password you use to access your voicemail using your phone. For the telephone password reset, you may contact CNS telecomm directly by calling 416-736-2100 ext 44357 or email@example.com.
- How many times can I make a mistake with my password before I am locked out?
After three consecutive failed attempts, or nine non-consecutive failed attempts, your voicemail password is locked. You can reset the failed attempt counter by changing your password. For the telephone password reset, you may contact CNS telecomm directly by calling 416-736-2100, X44357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.To change your password, go to the “Call Pilot Features” tab. Note, you can use letters to enter a password, where the letters correspond to the telephone number-letter association. For example, 2 corresponds to a,b,c, so a password such as “CALLME” corresponds to “225563”.
- How do I record a temporary out of office greeting?
You can record greetings in two ways. The greeting recording panel is in “CallPilot Features” tab, inside “Greetings”.
- If you do not have CallPilot player, a way of setting greetings is to import a pre-recorded greeting from your computer. Recorded greetings must be in wav format, which can be recorded using your audio recording software on your computer. Alternatively, you can do this by calling your extension, and leaving yourself a message of your greeting, then saving that message as a wav file, and finally importing the wav file.
- If you have CallPilot player, you can record a greeting using your phone by selecting edit in the Greetings menu.
For more information about recording greetings see the My CallPilot Training Manual.
- Do I have to download anything to listen to messages?
No. You may be prompted to download a player, but this is not mandatory. Your default media player that is able to play .wav files is sufficient to listen to messages. There is a CallPilot player that integrates well in Internet Explorer 6 for Windows users, and is available for download in “CallPilot Features” tab in the “Downloads” section. For a review of installation procedures please see the instructions for Internet Explorer (PDF) and the instructions for FireFox (PDF).
- How do I change the application that plays my messages?
This varies according to each browser. The file association is usually found in the tools section under options or preferences within your browser. Windows users with the CallPilot player installed, can select their file format to vbk to use the CallPilot player as the default. To change the format to .vbk, go to the “CallPilot Features” tab. Message format can be changed in “My CallPilot Preferences” under the heading “Audio:”.
- What is .vbk? Where is the vbk player? How do I change my message file format?
vbk is a Nortel file format that works with the CallPilot player. The CallPilot player integrates with Internet Explorer 6 for Windows users, and is available for download in “CallPilot Features” tab in the “Downloads” section. For a review of installation procedures please see the instructions for Internet Explorer (PDF) and instructions for FireFox (PDF).To change the format to .wav, go to the “CallPilot Features” tab. Message format can be changed in “My CallPilot Preferences” under the heading “Audio:”.
- I have the CallPilot player installed, but my browser says it doesn’t detect it.
Clear all cookies in your browser. Close all browser windows and restart the browser. The player cannot be installed on Mac or Linux platforms. It is treated as an ActiveX control in Internet Explorer, make sure ActiveX plug-ins are enabled.
- Is there a way to automatically forward messages to another voicemail box?
Yes. Use Telephone Options in the “CallPilot Features” tab. Set the custom operator number to the desired voicemail box. Block callers from leaving messages, and set the blocked caller to “Transferred to Custom Operator”.
- What is the difference between “delete” and “delete now”?
“delete now” is an immediate way of removing a message from your inbox. “delete” allows a recycle-bin type of behaviour, where the message remains in your inbox until you log-out. To access temporarily deleted messages, choose “Deletable Items” Folder, in the “CallPilot Messages” tab.
- How do I set Messages to be the default view when I log in?
In the “CallPilot Features” tab under “My CallPilot Home Page” - bullet/click your choice - Save. See the MyCallPilot training manual for more information.