The Academic Resource Management System (ARMS) is a web-based application for managing the end-to-end academic resource planning process. The ARM System manages full-time instructor loads including teaching, course releases and sabbaticals/leaves. In addition the system manages contract faculty allocation and teaching assignments including part-time budget/complement, postings, notice of recommended appointments (NRAs) and offer letters.
The ARM system has enabled the University to move forward on a number of related initiatives, which themselves have had the effect of improving productivity and quality in administration:
- Support of an integrated resource planning process
- Earlier information to students on who is teaching what
- Accurate information to drive detailed on-line course evaluation
- Earlier instructor access to learning management systems
- Supporting the University’s emergency preparedness and sustainability plans
- Support the efficient assembly of enterprise data on teaching for the institutional data warehouse
The ARM system has recently been integrated with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM to enable the system to handle entering payroll information directly, completing the graduate student and contract faculty end-to-end hiring process. The system has contributed to a culture of transparency and accountability across all Faculties, Departments and Units.
The ARMS system is a secure web-based application. Authorized users will be able to login to the system using their Passport York username and password.
- Collège universitaire Glendon
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Faculty of Science
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Osgoode Law School
- Schulich School of Business
How Do I get it ?
- If you do not have an ARMS Account then you can contact your ARMS Designate to request one for you who will complete and submit the ARMS Account Request form. Note that you must be approved by the Dean's office to be eligible for an ARMS account.