|NOTE: See information about Lotus Notes Upgrade|
Lotus Notes Webmail allows you to access your E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts and To-Do's using a web browser.
How do I get it?
Lotus Webmail runs on the following client operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10 and future fix packs
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 4.0, 5.0, 15, and 26
- Google Chrome 12, 25-30
- Macintosh OS X using the following browsers:
(Note: OS X Does not support local archiving, and Lotus Sametime awareness)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 4.0, 5.0 and 15
- Safari 4.0.x and 5.0.x
NOTE: IE 11 is not supported on the current version of Lotus Notes (8.5.3). If you have IE 11 you can either use an alternate browser or use the following work around:
- In IE 11 click on the 'Options' menu (the little gear icon)
- Click on 'Compatibility View settings'
- Under 'Add this website:' add 'yorku.ca'
- Click 'Close'
- Restart Internet Explorer
For additional information about supported browsers please see Overview of supported browsers for IBM iNotes .
NOTE: Due to the increased rate at which vendors are now releasing new versions of their browsers, support for Firefox browser updates will only be maintained for the most recent shipping release of Webmail. Webmail product testing on new Firefox browser versions will continue at periodic intervals which may or may not align with the browser vendor's release schedule.
How do I get help?
- Lotus Notes Webmail Training Manual (PDF)
- After logging in to Lotus Notes Webmail click on "Help" in the top right to view help topics