Subscribing to Folders' is a procedure for people who have a lot of folders on the mail server. For day-to-day purposes, you can subscribe to frequently used folders to be displayed in your email software.
- On the left side, right-click on your account and select "IMAP Folders" (in my test case, my account shows as "mypost.yorku.ca").
- A pop-up called "Show/Hide IMAP Folders" will come up.
- In the "All" tab, click on the "Reset List" button - this should show you ever single folder you have in your York email account (on the server).
- If you select the "Yspam-found" folder, you can click on the "Show" button, there should be an icon that looks like an 'envelope in front of
a tilted folder'.
- If you click on the "Visible" tab, then that would show you all the folders that your Outlook Express is actually subscribed to (or in
Microsoft Outlook Express terminology, they use the therm "showing" or "Visible" - vice versa, under the "Visible" tab, if you highlight a
folder and click on the "Hide" button, then Outlook Express will no longer subscribe or show the folder in Outlook Express.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
- On the left side, under "All Mail Folders" find your account.
- In our test case here, the account starts branching off showing as "mypost.yorku.ca"/
- If you right-click that account and select "IMAP Folders...", you will get a pop-up window called "IMAP Folders".
- From there, you can click on the "Query" button and use the"Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe" buttons to make your Yspam-found folder
show up on your folder list on the left side.
- Select Tools then Account Settings
- In the white box on the left select Server Settings. If you do not see the server settings option, click on the plus "+" symbol to the
left of your account name.
- In the Server Settings box on the right click on the Advanced button.
- Remove the check mark beside Show only subscribed folders and click OK, then click OK again.
Mac OS X Mail
- Go to Mail - Preferences and select Accounts.
- Highlight your email account and click the Advanced tab.
- Place a check next to the option to "Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes".
- Close the Preferences and Save the changes when prompted.
- Quit Mail and relaunch it. If you mailbox list is not showing, go to the View menu and select Show Mailboxes and click on the right-pointing triangle to the left of your account heading to reveal your IMAP folders.