The idea behind 'Subscribing to Folders' is for those people who have a
lot of folders on their e-mail account on the server, but for their day-to-day purposes when using their e-mail client (e.g. Outlook Express),
they don't need to actually see all those folders - this is especially noteworthy to those who may have many, many folders for record keeping
purposes over years of use.
- On the left side, right-click on your account and select "IMAP
Folders" (in my test case, my account shows as "mypost.yorku.ca").
- A pop-up called "Show/Hide IMAP Folders" will come up.
- In the "All" tab, click on the "Reset List" button - this should show
you ever single folder you have in your York email account (on the server).
- If you select the "Yspam-found" folder, you can click on the "Show"
button, there should be an icon that looks like an 'envelope in front of
a tilted folder'.
- If you click on the "Visible" tab, then that would show you all the
folders that your Outlook Express is actually subscribed to (or in
Microsoft Outlook Express terminology, they use the therm "showing" or "Visible" - vice versa, under the "Visible" tab, if you highlight a
folder and click on the "Hide" button, then Outlook Express will no
longer subscribe or show the folder in Outlook Express.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
- On the left side, under "All Mail Folders" find your account.
- In our test case here, the account starts branching off showing
- If you right-click that account and select "IMAP Folders...", you
will get a pop-up window called "IMAP Folders".
- From there, you can click on the "Query" button and use the"Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe" buttons to make your Yspam-found folder
show up on your folder list on the left side.
- Eudora 6.0 does not have the ability to hide folders, only the "Mailbox" list".
- To display the Mailbox list, select Mailboxes from the Tools menu.
- Select Tools then Account Settings
- In the white box on the left select Server Settings. If you do
not see the server settings option, click on the plus "+" symbol to the
left of your account name.
- In the Server Settings box on the right click on the Advanced button.
- Remove the check mark beside Show only subscribed folders and click OK, then click OK again.