If required by your department or Faculty to conduct business on behalf of the University using email, current York staff and faculty will be given access to a centrally supported yorku.ca email account.
If you are a faculty member you may also be provided with a separate account for course work or research.
When you leave the University, the email account will be disabled.
York centrally supports two separate email systems; Lotus Notes & MyMail. Staff are set up on one or the other based on the requirements of their department.
(includes calendars, task management and instant messaging)
New MyMail Interface
- How to use Old MyMail
- Use your iPhone, Android, Thunderbird, Outlook, Mac Mail etc. with MyMail
- Check out the Old MyMail Interface FAQs
- To change your MyMail password use Manage My Services
- To request a MyMail account please have the employee's manager email email@example.com.
- The maximum size for an incoming and outgoing message is 15MB.
- Some attachments may be stripped or renamed for security reasons.
- Mailbox quota: 7GB